Why I'll keep suffering.

Monday, January 6, 2014


I started working to lose weight on October 1st of 2013. It was a long time coming and I'd tried before but stopped and started for various reasons (some of which included baking babies in my tummy). Since I started I've primarily only been dieting because I couldn't make it to the gym with the kids (though I'm changing that this week - hooray!) and doing a primarily low carb/high protein and high fat diet. It's hard sometimes but once I get into the groove it's a lot easier. It definitely sucks some days - especially when my family sits in front of me eating pizza or something - but I'm doing my best to focus on my end goal. And it'll be just fine.

I started out in October weighing 213lbs and my goal is to return to weighing 145lbs (what I weighed in 2007). I have as of yet lost about 26" and 21lbs, having done no dieting for the entire month of December because of personal events. I know I'll make it to my goal this year and I am excited to do it. There is no wavering in my certainty or weariness when I think about the sacrifices required to lose another 50lbs or to continue living my life in a healthy way. I choose this lifestyle because I remember what I once was and want to be that again. I want my children to have a healthy and active mom who can keep up with them, play baseball with them (I'm learning how to hit baseballs, throw, and catch all for them already), and set a good example for them. I want my husband to find me attractive not only because he loves me but because I am physically in the best shape I can be. I want to love the way I look again, and be proud of how I live my life. I have stretchmarks and an 8" long scar on my stomach from my sons - I want to wear a bikini despite them and still be be proud of it. I am no longer ashamed of the marks on my body from becoming a mother and I want to show them off with the self-confidence I had as a 20 year old. These are the reasons I started, and the reasons I'll reach my goal.

With all that said - I'll share with you a recipe I discovered this weekend via Pinterest that is simply delicious. It's a French Toast Egg Puff and just - so - tasty! I've made two already and will probably continue to eat them regularly (...like one a day...). I used Stevia when I made this and a little sugar free syrup and my calculations have the recipe with a net 5.8g carbs. Go and try it out - it's so simple and absolutely perfect to have that tasty dose of sweetness!





I hope you all have a wonderful Monday! Make a healthy choice today!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi pixel perfect web designs