Fruitful living - loving others.

Wednesday, January 15, 2014


Monday's acts of kindness were one of the most rewarding things I've ever done. I'd been thinking about what I would write for this week's post so that I could write about focusing on loving others after focusing on loving my kids last week (more about that in a minute). I realized Monday that the most beautiful of all the things we did was when I was able to feed 3 different homeless men a little lunch. Not as much as I would like to have, but it was food none the less and they were so incredibly grateful it broke my heart. All day I was focused on sending out as much love towards others as I could and trying to make others feel happier. It made me happy as well as my sister, and ended up being one of the best things I've ever done. I decided that I'm going to do my best to try and go once a week to visit with and feed a few homeless people in town - I wish I could feed them all and even do so much more, but I know that I can do at least this little thing. I don't think after having talked with those men this week and seeing their faces as I gave them sandwiches that I could ever stand to go another week without trying to help ease their pain and troubles in some way. So, this week's post about loving others....it's not a post about how I'm going to focus on something for a week... it's a post about how I did something on my birthday that changed my life and my perspective.

Regarding last week and my focus on loving my sons - I wasn't too great at the whole yelling less concept, but hey - they're 1 and 3 years old. It's hard to make it through an hour much less a day without having to raise your voice so they stop doing something they shouldn't (such as hitting/shoving each other, or climbing on top of tables, or trying to play with the burning fireplace...). I did, however, enjoy them more. I spent time smelling their hair (a favorite past time), holding hands and playing and trying to focus on how amazing they've become already. It was great and definitely made the week go by more cheerily.

Here's to all of you finding a way to show more love to those around you - be they family, friends, or strangers in need. Everyone needs some love. Do what you can to share some. Happy Wednesday, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi pixel perfect web designs