Healthy Mondays happen on Tuesdays too!

Tuesday, January 14, 2014


Late Sunday night, while working on finishing touches for my 27 Acts of Kindness Birthday Project, I baked some Almond Flour Brownies for one of my cousins. I found the recipe here at Grain-Free Foodies while looking for a low-carb brownie option, and let me tell you. These are delicious. They're chocolatey with a hint of nuttiness from the almond flour in the recipe and they're chewy and just like perfect brownies. And at only 3.2g net carbs per brownie (the recipe makes 9) - they are sure to improve your day rather than ruin it! I'll be making these regularly from now on to keep my chocolate cravings in check without ruining my carb counts for the day!

Also for any of you who read Almond Flour and think, "Oh - baking from scratch...I don't want to do that...it's so haaaardddd" - well listen. There are only 8 ingredients in this recipe. It's incredibly easy to make, and with baking time around 25 minutes the whole process doesn't take more than 35 minutes to do! Think about that. In the course of one episode of 'How I Met Your Mother' you could have delicious and healthy brownies to eat!

One other quick thing, I started working out again this week for the first time since May (I could give you a list of why I have legitimately been unable to go since then but I won't waste your time or mine) and once my husband gets back here from Cleveland with my key fob to my gym I'll begin going daily very early in the morning - for which I'm super excited! Along with easing back into my workout routine this week, I've been eating low carb (loose goal of staying under 50g net carb a day, but ideal goal is under 25g net carb a day...I average around 30g but have had a couple days of being under 10g!!) and have lost 6.2lbs as of this morning in the last 2 weeks. It's been a great couple weeks (I even behaved yesterday on my birthday and had NO sweets!) and I'm looking forward to the future as well as enjoying all of the new delicious low carb and healthy recipes I'm finding and trying out!

Here's to hoping you all have a healthy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi pixel perfect web designs