Enjoy your weekend

Friday, December 6, 2013

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/originals/87/2e/c0/872ec0998fa03933160d792747a8edc6.jpg

Before I write my regular post that I'd planned for today, I want to write a short something in honor of Nelson Mandela, the human rights activist who left us yesterday afternoon. I had originally considered waiting a week or two to write something about him, but I don't think that waiting will make any difference. I simply want to write that we should all take a moment to appreciate the massive contributions that he made in all aspects of human rights. The sacrifices he made, the neverending amount of grace and compassion that he showed to every person including those responsible for keeping him imprisoned for almost 30 years. His was an example we should all aspire to. Mandela proved that we can make a difference, if we choose to ignore all those who say it won't matter.

Moving forward... on Fridays I plan on writing a post each week about something I am thankful for and I invite you all to post in the comments what you are thankful for that day as well. Today, I continue to be incredibly grateful for my family. There is a member of my family who's time is near and I find myself just unspeakably moved and obliged for the time I've had with her as well as the time my son's had with her. There has been nothing more meaningful in my life than the family I've grown up with and married into as well as the friends who have become so close I'm sure that the blood that runs through my veins is the same that is in theirs. I have been blessed with a great number of people which I am lucky enough to call my family, and I am so humbled by all the love they continually show myself, my husband, and my sons. With the advent of Facebook, Snapchat, Skype, and texting, I'm able to keep an almost constant thread of communication between those that I love - which is just a wonderful thing when you really think about it. If I had been experiencing this just 15 years ago, there would only be phone calls, letters (which I still love writing dearly), and occasional visits. It's a beautiful life we live.

And with that - enjoy your weekend. Here are a couple links to some fun things to get you in the Christmas mood for your first weekend in December:

A Christmas Playlist

Christmas Customs in Different Countries

Grammar in Christmas Songs

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi pixel perfect web designs