Fitness: Yoga beginnings

Monday, February 3, 2014

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/attachments/android-applications/55470d1346512965-free-app-2-1-daily-yoga-all-one-mobile-yoga-fitness-go-1.jpg

So I've been doing yoga for a few weeks now. I use this app called Daily Yoga that comes with routines to go through as well as a separate pose library when I don't feel like doing a specific routine. I am not the most flexible person in the world anymore, but it is getting better and I definitely feel good after doing it. I have been doing 30-60 minutes of yoga most days and enjoying that I am breaking a sweat doing something so relaxing and restorative. I'm looking forward to become better at these positions and moving onto more complicated ones - what would be truly amazing to me is if one day I could do a headstand. I've literally never done a single headstand in my entire life. Ever. Z.E.R.O. So maybe yoga will fix that for me.

I'm still doing a low carb diet and have been doing really well (though last night I did cheat for dinner and enjoyed some carby things at a Superbowl party, though not remotely as much as I would have had a few months ago). I've lost 1 pound this week, which isn't a ton, but it's been a busy week and besides doing my yoga at home I haven't been working out at the gym so I'm not burning as many calories as I had been. Planning to return to the gym though and get into the habit of a yoga routine and gym workout each day, with yoga being a 7 days/week goal and the gym 5 days/week. I hope you guys check out this app though if you're interested in starting yoga, because it's the best I've tried so far and has a lot of different options to keep it from getting too stale.

Happy Monday, all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi pixel perfect web designs